cliffwade,
@cliffwade@allthingstech.social avatar

Thread 🧵

@beardedtechguy and myself are looking for someone to help us grow in every way possible. This includes our blog, our instance, our wiki, our Discord and our community in general.

We're looking for someone that is super active here on Mastodon and will continue to do so going forward.

We're looking for someone that is willing to talk about the instance, advertise the instance and recruit for the instance if possible. (cont...)

cliffwade,

Thread continued 🧵

We would like for this person or persons to be able to add content to our wiki, such as Mastodon how-to's, helpful tips and tricks for the #Fediverse and various other similar things.

We'd also like for this person to be one who would like to write articles on the blog as well, but certainly not mandatory.

We're looking for someone that is all about community and making the #AllThingsTech community the best it can be. (cont...)

cliffwade,

Thread continued 🧵

We want someone with ideas, thoughts, suggestions and everything similar! We want you to be a part of something awesome and to help make it amazing!

If you feel you are this person and have the time to do things like this, we'd certainly love to have a chat with you. Reach out to myself or @beardedtechguy and let's have a chat!

#FediTips #MastoTips #Community #Blog #Blogging #Discord #Wiki #Wikis #InstanceAssistant #Assistant

beardedtechguy,
@beardedtechguy@allthingstech.social avatar

@cliffwade Let me add to this:
I’d like to add to this, and find someone to join me as part of the Infrastructure team and help move our instance to be self hosted and away from Mastohost.

cliffwade,

@beardedtechguy Ah yes! Definitely someone that can help with that stuff.

stu,
@stu@allthingstech.social avatar

@beardedtechguy @cliffwade Then you guys can branch out and customize your instance and maybe add hmmmm...... 10,000 character limit lol

cliffwade,

@stu LMAO @ 10,000 character limit. I feel we'd start with 1,000 and maybe go up to 1,500 at the most. I think that would be a good starting point.

@beardedtechguy

stu,
@stu@allthingstech.social avatar

@cliffwade I know that is overkill a bit much. Lol but yest 1,000 is a great start def.

@beardedtechguy

armerpunkt,
@armerpunkt@mastodon.online avatar

@beardedtechguy @cliffwade Have you looked into hosting it on the Oracle Cloud Free Tier? I set one up as a test (running in Docker on one of their Arm servers) and it seemed to work well, though it was only used by a couple of users so not much load.

cliffwade,

@armerpunkt That wouldn't work for us since we have 300+ users, and about 100 active users.

@beardedtechguy

armerpunkt,
@armerpunkt@mastodon.online avatar

@cliffwade @beardedtechguy Ah. Are you guys looking at running on bare metal then?

cliffwade,

@armerpunkt Not really sure what the full plans are right now. We just want to fully host things ourselves so that we have full control over everything and can expand things at a likely cheaper price if/when needed.

We want to be able to change things like max character length for posts, max options for polls and stuff like that.

So we're looking for someone that can and will help us maintain it as Kyle doesn't have all the time to do so.

@beardedtechguy

beardedtechguy,
@beardedtechguy@allthingstech.social avatar

@cliffwade @armerpunkt Sorry, yesterday was one hell of a day. But as Cliff mentioned, we just want to self host to have better control of the features. I’d like to have another person on hand that can help when I’m not available.

We have looked at hetzner, but we have our other properties on DO.

• All
  • Subscribed
  • Moderated
  • Favorites
  • community
  • ngwrru68w68
  • rosin
  • GTA5RPClips
  • osvaldo12
  • love
  • Youngstown
  • slotface